PS4 Blue Light of Death (BLOD)
There are lots of blogs, websites, Youtube videos, etc. that will all give you a different answer as to what the causes and fixes are to the blinking blue light. There are also several common definitions as to what the blue light of death is. Here is a little more info about it:
- When you turn on your game console and the light just blinks blue and it never changes to white and there is no display on the TV, this is what most people know to be the "blue light of death".
- If the light on your PS4 ever changes to white then you do not have this problem.
- If you have a blinking blue light and the TV shows a picture then you don't have this problem either.
- The blinking blue light or blue light of death is not fixed by replacing the hard drive or removing and re installing the hard drive. It has nothing to do with the hard drive.
- It's not fixable by re installing software or initializing the console or rebuilding the library or anything else. If you truly have the blue light of death then you can't even get to those menus.
- This has nothing to do with the HDMI port. Some people claim that a bad HDMI port will cause your console to have the BLOD. This is not true. Even if your HDMI port is bad the console will still turn on and go to the white light.